MATE’s Guiding Principles provide the framework for how we achieve our mission
- High schools, community colleges, universities, and employers need to work together to create a clear and efficient educational pathway to careers.
- Diversity in the marine science and technology workplace should be valued and expanded.
- The educational environment should simulate the high performance workplace.
- Educational programs must provide a broad foundation in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, so that workers can adapt to a continually changing workplace.
- Both employers and students benefit from increased awareness of and access to marine science and technology programs and careers.
- Close collaborations between faculty, students, and working professionals result in students better prepared for the workplace.
- Critically evaluating MATE’s products, programs, and services is vital to continually improving these activities and ensuring they meet the needs of our stakeholders.