Module 10 - Control Systems : Motor Control
This module is to introduce the student to basic Brushed DC motor concepts. Speed control using variable voltage and Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) is covered. The MATE ROV Control System is used as a reference for this module.
Upon completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Describe the methods of speed control for a Brushed DC motor
- Calculate the necessary PWM duty cycle needed for specific motor voltages.
- Describe the operation of motor control H-Bridges.
- Describe the danger relating to improper control of the H-Bridge
- Brushed Motor Control
- On/Off Control
- Directional Control
- PWM Control
More Advanced Ideas:
- MicroChip Motor Control App-Note
- MicroChip Brushed Motor Fundamentals
- Arduino PWM Tutorial
- PWM Tutorial