Module 12 - Computer Control: Communications
This module will expand the range of operation of the MATE ROV Control System by introducing the concept of communications and data transfer between two computers and the user.
Upon completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Write a routine on the Arduino that will request joystick position information from a laptop computer running LabVIEW.
- Write a routine that will send sensor data to gauges on the laptop.
- Turn on and off outputs as commanded by the laptop.
Overview of LIFA
- LIFA Toolbox overview
- Top level Vi's vs. Low level Vi's
- Modifying Code
LabVIEW Control and Indicator Overview
- Different Types
- Change size and appearance
- Arduino software
- LabVIEW Interface for Arduino (LIFA)
- Arduino connected to PC
- Program from Module 11