Module 13 - Computer Control: The Human Machine Interface
This module will utilize the NI LabView program to develop a Human Machine Interface (HMI). Types of ROV controllers will be discussed. Open loop vs. closed loop systems will be discused. Contact vs. noncontact control systems will be discused. Publicly avalible control systems will be examed. Concepts of information display types and their ability to quickly convey information will be discussed. Basic control displays will be developed.
Upon completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Select a control system to properly control thier ROV.
- Develop a LabView control system that will provide the ROV with necessary control inputs.
- Select display modules to properly represent sensor data.
Develop a display system that will correctly scale and reflect ROV operations.
Human Machine Interface (HMI) Programming
- Development of the display screens and its necessary human factors.
- Displaying ROV sensor data with LabView.
- Communicating with the ROV.
- Exploring available computer control systems to control ROVs.
- Interfacing to Control systems (keyboard, mouse & joystick).
- Sending Control commands to the ROV.