Module 14 - Sensor Devices
This module will introduce the concepts of sensors connected to the ROV system. A wide range of sensors are covered as they apply to ROV systems.
Upon completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Calculate the viewing angle of a given camera lens once it is in water.
- Connect a compass to the MATE ROV Control System and read heading information
- Send Heading and temperature data to a HMI system
- Camera Types
- Camera Sealing
- Connection Methods
- Video types
- Lens selection and image refraction in water
- Analog Sensors - Thermistor
- Digital Sensors - Compass
- Connecting to the Controller
UR-Chapters 9 & 10