Module 2 - ROV Frame & Buoyancy
This should introduce materials that can be used for ROV construction beyond PVC frames.
Upon completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Discuss the usage of metal and plastic frame materials
- Develop basic ROV frame configurations utilizing a material other than PVC piping.
- Design buoyancy systems with calculations considering buoyancy needed, density of the buoyancy material.
- Identify the proper configuration and placement of buoyancy and ballast on the ROV
- Identify stable and unstable ROV platforms
- Frame Materials
- Frame Configurations
- Buoyancy Materials
- Buoyancy Calculations
UR-Chapters 1 – 4 & 6