Module 6 – Power Systems; Supplies
This module is to introduce basic electrical concepts as they apply to power systems. Volts, Amps, Ohms, Watts are discussed. Ohms Law is introduced and different types of power sources are introduced.
Upon completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Describe the safety hazards with power sources.
- Perform simple Ohms Law calculations.
- Select the proper meter for voltage and amperage measurements and connect it properly in the circuit.
- Fabricate industry standard wire splices that are properly soldered and insulated.
- Determine the appropriate type, size and capacity of battery or batteries for the ROV and their appropriate placement on the surface.
- Estimate the total amount of energy and the maximum instantaneous power that your vehicle will require to complete its mission.
- Select over current protection as dictated by the device being powered.
- Safety Considerations
Basic Electrical Theory
- Volt Meters
- Amp Meters
- Power Supplies
- Circuit Protection
- Intro and References
- Section 1 - Safety
- Section 2 - Power and Electricity
- Section 3 - Basic Electronics
- Section 4 - Using a Multimeter
- Section 5 - Connecting and Soldering
- Section 6 - Choosing an appropriate power source
- Section 7 - Circuit Protection
Connectors and other electronic parts
More Advanced Ideas:
- Car Battery vs. Guitar string
- MORE ITEMS NEEDED
- Ohms Law Tutorials
- Soldering Videos
- General Electronics Educational References