Welcome to the MATE competition's Parent Resource Center!
The MATE Center recognizes the important role that parents play in encouraging and supporting their child's education and career.
MATE also recognizes the role that parents play in the MATE competition: nearly one-quarter of the team leaders who completed 2015 post-competition surveys identified themselves as the parent of an ROV team member. And 350 parents who attended events completed the post-competiton parents' survey to share their perspective on how the program has impacted their son or daughter.
This resource center is aimed at providing parents with information about the competition and materials to help support their child's participation in it. The links below are a start - there is much more to come!
- Contact the MATE Center to inquire about:
- Join the MATE headquarters competition listserve to receive information and updates as they become available.
- Join the regional competition listserve for information and updates specific to your regional event.
- FAQs (includes answers to questions like "what class do we enter?")
- Competition class structure (explains the 4 different competition classes)
- Videos and more from the MATE international and regional compettion events
- Demonstrating the impact of the ROV competition
- Curriculum resources (requires you to create a username and password - access is easy and it's free!)