MATE Center Mission
MATE’s mission is to use marine technology to create interest in and improve science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) education and to provide the marine technical workforce with well-educated professionals. A hallmark of all MATE’s programs, products, and services is that they are aligned with ocean workforce research and trends.
The Center has five major, synergistic goals to accomplish this mission:
- Goal 1: Expand and strengthen academic and industry partnerships and align academic programs with workforce needs.
- Goal 2: Research ocean workforce trends, disseminate innovative educational products based on those trends, and encourage the integration of entrepreneurial practices into program activities.
- Goal 3: Provide opportunities for students and faculty to collaborate with industry and working professionals.
- Goal 4: Provide professional development for college and secondary school faculty.
- Goal 5: Maintain an information clearinghouse.