MATE international competition
Exploring the Great Lakes: Shipwrecks, Sinkholes, and Conservation in the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary
The 2014 MATE competition highlights the role that ROVs play in exploring and documenting shipwrecks, studying sinkholes, and conserving our national maritime heritage sights.
The 13th annual MATE international ROV competition will take place June 26-28, 2014 at the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary facilities in Alpena, Michigan, USA.
Teams must compete or demonstrate their vehicle at the nearest regional contest in order to earn the opportunity to move on to the international competition. Click here to find information about the regional contest nearest you. Not sure which regional your team would participate in? Contact Jill Zande.
The links below will become active as information is available.
- 2014 General Information
- Photos of the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary facilities
- Your team won your regional or passed your demonstration - what next?!
- KEY DEADLINES
- LODGING INFORMATION
- Additional airport and ground transporation information
- Team travel assistance - at this point no funding is available. Check back here for updates.
Team logistics, meals, and more
International competition teams: Please complete this survey so that we can plan for meals, shuttles, and more for your team. The survey should be completed by the lead instructor or mentor who is traveling with the team. One survey per team.
- Order form for reception and banquet tickets for family members - CLOSED
- Shipping Information
- Map of Alpena
- Map of TBNMS facilities with competition locations highlighted
- Electronics and hardware stores
- SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- EXPLORER class teams and number assignments
- RANGER class teams and number assignments