2015 MATE international competition
ROVs in Extreme Environments: Science and Industry in the Arctic
The 2015 MATE competition highlights the role that ROVs play in polar science and the offshore oil and gas industry.
The 14th annual MATE international ROV competition will take place June 25-27, 2015 in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. The competition events will be hosted by the Marine Institute of Memorial University of Newfoundland AND the National Research Council's Ocean, Coastal, and River Engineering facility.
Teams must compete or demonstrate their vehicle at the nearest regional contest in order to earn the opportunity to move on to the international competition. Click here to find information about the regional contest nearest you. Not sure which regional your team would participate in? Contact Jill Zande.
The links below will become active as information is available.
- 2015 General Information
- Photos of the facilities in St. John's
- Your team won your regional or passed your demonstration - what next?!
- KEY DEADLINES
- LODGING INFORMATION
- Traveler information - passports and more!
- Additional airport and ground transporation information
- Team travel assistance
Team logistics, meals, and more
International competition teams: Please complete this survey so that we can plan for meals, shuttles, and more for your team. The survey should be completed by the lead instructor or mentor who is traveling with the team. One survey per team.
- Order form for reception and banquet tickets for family members
- Shipping Information
- Map of St. John's
- Electronics and hardware stores
- SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- EXPLORER class teams and number assignments
- RANGER class teams and number assignments