Other helpful ROV Curriculum Resources
- Underwater Robotics: Science, Design and Fabrication (MATE Center) - The most detailed ROV building-related book on the market with lots of great photos and examples.
- Technical Reports from MATE ROV Teams - Detailed design plans from hundreds of student ROV projects from major universities, community colleges and high schools around the country and world.
- Cornerstone Robotics: Electronics and Robotics III Curriculum - An advance high school curriculum that follows the MATE Center's book "Underwater Robotics: Science, Design and Fabrication." Thirty-one detailed lessons that can be downloaded as a PDF or Word document.
- Eastern Edge Robotics: ROV Team Manual - an excellent teacher/student manual for building an ROV and leading an ROV team
- Immersion Learning: ROV Design Game - and interactive online game that allows you to build an ROV
- Build Your Own Underwater Robot (Westcoast Words) - This book introduces the excitement and technology of underwater exploration. It presents clear, well-illustracted projects from underwater robots (ROVs) and gliders to diving bells and model habitats.
Introduction to Remotely Operated Vehicles (Miami Science Museun) - This is a short instructional guide that shows you how to assemble a simple ROV from a kit such as the MATE Center's AngelFish ROV kit.
ROV Controller - courtesy of Robert Kershaw, Kershaw Robotics, Texas. Robert was the mentor for the Mainland Robotics Team, which took part in the MATE ROV competition for several years. Robert continues to support the Texas Regional ROV Contest.
All About Cirucits - free online resources about electronics